A sweet and sour chutney which complements our dry side dishes with it's soft, sticky texture.
- Dice the squash and boil in enough water to cover until tender.
- Drain and keep to one side.
- Fry the mustard seeds and dry chilli in hot oil until the seeds begin to pop.
- Add the squash and 100ml of water and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the tamarind, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Coarsely mash with the back of a wooden spoon and serve.
Serving suggestions: Serve up alongside Gujarati Green Beans to add some extra depth to your meal, or pair it with your favourite dhal!