A deliciously light rice bread - best served hot, straight from the pan!
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a soft dough, add a little more water if necessary (this dough will be quite sticky).
- Lightly oil a piece of greaseproof paper approx. 20 cm x 20 cm
- Take a golf ball sized piece of the dough and place it in the centre of the oiled, greaseproof paper and with wet fingers spread it out into a thin circle approximately 2 mm thick. This should be just a bit bigger than a side plate.
- Add a little oil to a medium hot frying pan. Slide your hand under the paper and in one motion, flip it onto the pan, cook for 1 minute then carefully peel off the greaseproof paper and add oil to the surface of the bread.
- Cook for a further 1 minute or until brown.
- Flip over and cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep warm under a damp cloth or serve immediately.
Makes 6 small breads!
Check out our blog for Akki Roti serving suggestions!