Rafi's Chicken Curry
A favourite in the Fernandez household.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, star anise and curry leaves over a medium heat for about 5 minutes (the curry leaves should be slightly burnt).
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic, and fry until brown.
- Add the curry paste, five spice and turmeric, and fry until the oil separates.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. When all the pieces are sealed, cover the pan and cook until the meat is nearly done.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the creamed coconut. Simmer gently until the coconut dissolves.
- Mix well and add the sugar and salt. Sprinkle with fresh coriander.