Whisky Old Fashioned
In The Rafi's Spicebox Cookbook (p.191) we included our take on this classic cocktail; now, just in time for Burn's Night, here is the original recipe, orange twist and all...
- Dry roast your Cinnamon and Star Anise. Place to one side.
- Peel one orange into four, thin strips. Place to one side.
- Place the sugar in a large tumbler and saturate with the bitters.
- Add half the whisky and gently stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the rest of the whisky and stir.
- Fill four glasses with ice; pour the liquid over the ice, add an inch of cinnamon (about the size of a thumb tip) and a star anise along with the orange peel and serve.