Tomato and Egg Curry
A simple tomato and egg curry, perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil until hot, then add the cumin and mustard seeds. Fry until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Add the garlic, chilli and curry leaves and fry for 1 - 2 minutes, or until the garlic start to brown around the edges.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 2 - 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Pour in 30 - 40ml of water, and cook for a further 2 - 3 minutes, until the mix has the consistency of a sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Crack the eggs into the sauce and cover with a lid (if you don't have a lid that fits you can use a large baking tray). Cook for around 4 minutes until the egg is cooked, but the yolk is still runny.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, and serve either with chapatis or thick toast.