Thai Duck Curry
Duck is a very popular ingredient in South East Asia.
Duck is a delicate dish and needs careful handling if you are to make the most of its earthy flavours. Our Thai Yellow Curry Pack is warm with a hint of sweetness, and will enhance, rather than overwhelm this tasty little bird.
- Empty the Thai Yellow Curry Pack, water, and coconut milk into a pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Leave to one side, preferably overnight.
- In a heavy skillet or frying pan, seal the duck breast (no oil required) for 3 - 4 minutes each side, making sure the skin is golden and some of the fat starts to render.
- Leave this to rest for a few minutes then slice into 0.5cm pieces.
- Bring the sauce back up to heat, adding more water if required, and add the pepper, tomatoes, and the duck. Simmer for a further 4 - 5 minutes. The pepper should be tender and the duck still a little pink.
- Sprinkle the spring onion and coriander over the top and serve hot.