Spiced Roasted Aubergine
A simple way to pep up your veg.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the aubergine lengthways, keeping the stalk on. Score incisions into the flesh of the aubergine in a criss-cross pattern, but not through the skin. Place in an oven-proof dish, cut side up.
- Put the oil and tomatoes to one side and mix all the other ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Brush 1 tbsp of oil onto each half of the aubergine. Rub the spice mix into the incisions of the two halves.
- Lay the slices of tomatoes over the flesh of the aubergine. Sprinkle with salt and a final drizzle of oil.
- Cook in the oven for around 40 minutes, until soft.