Rajput Cauliflower and Pea Curry
This typical Rajput recipe comes from the Princely House of Sailana, by the Maharaja Digvijaya Singh.
- Heat the oil in a large pan until it reaches the smoking point, then add ghee.
- Add the red chillies and fry till they turn black, then add the mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the cumin and asafoetida followed by the remaining spices.
- Finally, add the cauliflower and peas. Do not add any water.
- Cover and cook on low heat till the vegetables are cooked. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with wedges of lime or lemon.