Marinated Pork Vindaloo (Small)
An exciting Vindaloo recipe using pork belly marinated in vinegar and spices.
For this recipe we have looked back at some traditional dishes for inspiration. The pork needs time to marinate and it really benefits from low, slow cooking; however, the marinade brings a lot of added flavour to the dish and the vinegar will help tenderise the meat. Give it the time it deserves and treat yourself with some naughty, but delicious, belly pork! A perfect weekend dish.
Top tip: Haven't got a few hours spare to slow cook your pork? Not to worry, stick it in the slow cooker (according to your appliances guidelines) and use 200ml of water instead!
- Remove the skin from the pork belly and cut it into cubes.
- Place the pork belly in the dish you are going to cook in. Add the Small Vindaloo Curry Pack and the vinegar.
- Using your hands, massage the spices and vinegar into the meat. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.
- Once the pork has been marinated, stir in the water, tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Cover and cook gently over a low heat for 1 - 1.5 hours.
- 10 minutes before the end, add the jaggery (or 1 tsp brown sugar).
- If you would like a thicker sauce, turn up the heat and cook until reduced slightly.
- Season with salt, to taste. When serving, try garnishing with fine strips of ginger and fresh coriander.