Malai Chicken Kebabs
A simple and tasty dish from Hyderabad, Rafi's birthplace.
Malai, or cream, is a traditional part of Moghul cuisine, as is the rich almond and ginger paste below. If you can, grill these over charcoal, it will lend a smokey intensity to these luxurious kebabs!
- Grind the chilli, herbs, garlic, almonds and ginger into a fine paste.
- Add the yoghurt and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the chicken and mix well.
- Refrigerate and marinate over night.
- Chop the chicken, pepper and onion into bite-sized pieces and thread alternately onto skewers.
- Season and grill or BBQ, occasionally basting with oil.
- Garnish with lemon juice.
Try them with a simple salad, as a snack, or with your favourite curry as a side dish.