An alternative recipe using our Jalfrezi Curry Pack, with creamed coconut and tomatoes.
The Jalfrezi is such a versatile curry pack, why not experiment? In this recipe, we have added creamed coconut and tinned tomatoes. This completely changes the flavour profile of the dish, creating a richer, sweeter sauce.
- Empty the Jalfrezi Curry Pack into a pan with 300ml of water.
- Mix and let it simmer for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and creamed coconut. Continue cooking until the coconut has dissolved.
- Add the chicken and potatoes to the pan, cover and gently cook for around 30 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are both cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes and coriander.
- When the sun is shining, try this with cubed new potatoes and leave the lid on (add a touch more water if you like) to create a thinner sauce and garnish with lots of fresh coriander.
- During the colder months use a floury potato (which sucks up the lovely sauce) and cook with the lid off to create a thicker, hearty sauce.