Cauliflower with panch pooran
A simple dry fry side dish using the Bengali five spice.
This is a quick, easy dish which works great as an accompaniment to dishes like the Korma or Phaal. It can be easily adapted to whatever ingredients you have in the fridge - try it with cabbage, courgette or beetroot.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the panch pooran and fry for 1 minute until the seeds start to brown.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower and stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the turmeric over the top and add a splash of water to stop it burning.
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 3 - 4 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through, but still has a little bite.
- Season with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Garnish with chopped, fresh coriander.