Achaari Chicken Bhuna (Small)
Achaar or Achaari (Achar meaning pickle) is a typical North indian dish using pickling spices along with tomato and chilli to create a tangy and flavourful dish.
We have adapted our Bhuna pack as the sauce base- this curry has a simple yet pungent flavour - we added in marinated chicken and fresh tomatoes. The marinade for the chicken thighs in chilli, garlic, lemon juice, and a table-spoon of Previn's Spicy Lemon Chutney. Left overnight these flavours hopefully have added a real tang to the meat. Although we have used Previn's Spicy Lemon Chutney, feel free to use the pickle or chutney of your choice!
- Cube 400g of chicken thighs.
- Mix the garlic, lemon juice and zest, and chilli thoroughly.
- Add the chicken to the mix and, once thorougly coated, leave to marinade for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Make the Bhuna curry pack as per the instructions.
- Add the Previn's Spicy Lemon Chutney.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes to cook the chutney and thicken the sauce; garnish with fresh tomatoes, and either freshly chopped coriander or parsley and serve with rice.